Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What can you tell me about this Addy?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello, all Addy experts out there, I need your help! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    This is my good friend's Addy doll. She is NOT for sale, but my friend was wondering if you could tell us a little more about her. She was signed by Connie Porter at a local bookstore back in 1995. It says,

    October 27, 1995
    Connie
    Porter
    [squiggle]

    She is PM and she is in beautiful condition (sorry her hair got a little mussed before the pic though!). How rare do you think she is, and how much do you think she could be worth?

    Here are the pics (sorry, I know they are rather large but I wanted to leave them that way so you can see the detail):
    DSCN0665

    DSCN0663

    DSCN0661

  2. #2
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    NEAT!!! I'm no expert, but I would think that she would be worth a few hundred dollars! Considering she's sighned!

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I don't think anyone has ever been willing to sell thier author signed dolls to find out what they are worth. So the truth is, we don't know. The only one I've ever seen on eBay was an Elizabeth NIB signed by Valerie Tripp. It sold for $200 but it was listed the same day as an AGPNY appearance and it was obvious the seller only bought it and had it signed to sell.

    My Marisol is signed by Gary Soto. She was the only one he'd signed in October when I had her done (or so he told me). I don't think many people really ask to have thier dolls signed.

    As for rarity, I don't think there are that many author signed ones out there. There's no way of knowing how many, but it probably is less than the Pleasant Rowland signed ones(due to the fact that you have to actually track the author down) It's only a guess, but I'm guessing there are probably no more than 500 author signed dolls of each character.

    They are priceless. That signature has so many memories in it that make it even more special than a regular favorite doll.

  4. #4
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    Whoa.....trade'ja for my Addy! Just kidding. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Ummm....I remember hearing some signatures of people are like 25 to 50 dollars......so I think she would be worth over 100 dollars. Plus a lot of people are dying to get a doll with a signature on it so that would increase the value also. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    I*love*dolls
    Guest I*love*dolls's Avatar

    Post

    PLus she's premattel and as someone said, signed dolls are rare so that adds some $$ too.

  6. #6
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    Well, I actually saw a PM sighned Kirsten on eBay once, & it went for over $200.00!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you very much, everyone, for all your input!

    I have checked Ebay several times, and there are never very many signed dolls up for auction. We were just curious to know what all the board experts had to say on the subject!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •